The best tankless water heaters are those ones that best meet your needs. Depending on the
size of your home, how many people live there and how many storage spaces you have, you
can decide which model of heater is best for you. Here we show you different types of heaters
so you can know which are high-quality and so you can choose better.
- 1 Rheem RTEX-13 Residential
- 2 Ecosmart Eco 27 Electric Water Heater
- 3 Rinnai V75In Indoor Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
- 4 Takagi T-Kjr2-In-Ng Indoor Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
- 5 Stiebel Eltron Tempra 15 Plus Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 6 Rinnai RUC98iN Ultra Series Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
- 7 Rheem RTGH-95DVLN Direct Vent Tankless Water Heater
- 8 Eccotemp FVI-12 Liquid Propane High Capacity Tankless Water Heater
- 9 Atmor AT-D18TP-AZ Instant Tankless Water Heater
- 10 Dyna-Glo Ir30Pmdg-1 Ventless Propane Wall Heater
- 11 Tankless Water Heaters consumer Reports
Rheem RTEX-13 Residential
- Despite is very new; it is gaining popularity among the clients.
- This is because it has a really good price while also has a good performance, user-friendly.
- Its water flow is a 4 GPM, which means that you can run the water at the same time in a shower and a little kitchen.
- Most of the tankless water heaters that have a very high capacity are big.
- This one, also it has a good capacity of bringing hot water to the home, has a compact design that will fit in the smallest places.
- This means that you can be saving storage space.
- It is really safe because it is electric, you can use it where you want we are worrying about pipes, ventilation, etc.
- It also features a thermostat so the user can control the temperature he or she wants. It is very easy to say because it is LED.
- If you have a house with a large household, this flow rate might not work for you.
- It is just for small homes.
The users have reported that is a really good tankless water heater, it does what it has to do,
but for some of them wasn’t enough. They also say that is really fast and easy to install.
Ecosmart Eco 27 Electric Water Heater
- It is made specifically for homes with large households in warm climates.
- It is very powerful if it is used under these conditions.
- It also works for cold climates but just for a single-shower setup. It provides up to 6 GPM in warm climates while provides 3 GPM in cold climates.
- It is very efficient and it will make you save more energy because of its mechanism of self-
modulation that only uses energy when is called to do so.
- It will not provide more heat than the load requires.
- If you are not sure about buying this product, you can be relaxed because it has a lifetime warranty, that can be transferred between owners.
- For example, if you sell your house with this tankless water heater, it will be easier to do it.
- In cold climates, it won’t be as strong as with warm climates, so if you have a large household and you want to use it at low temperatures, this product might not work for you.
Based on the reviews, the clients are happy with the purchase. It is easy to install and it works
very great as desired. Some of them were disappointed because of the performance below
expectations. Some users report that the information about this product is not complete, that
one has to see on the webpage this model and its specifications. Other users have complaints
with the customer service.
Rinnai V75In Indoor Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
- If you want a gas tankless heater, this is the choice for you.
- It will provide cold water for an average household, with a rate up to 7.5 GPM.
- This means that you can run two or three things at the same time, which is higher than the other tankless heaters that we have reviewed.
- It is more environmentally friendly the other haters of gas because it is SCAQMD-approved,
and it also has low emissions ratings.
- It is pretty safe because of its temperature lock that will prevent any accidental changes, and
it also allows the user to control the temperature between 98-140 degrees.
- It will automatically shut off if the cleaning schedule hasn’t been followed right.
Its response is slower than other heaters, which is a fact to consider if you want a fast heater.
The good thing about it is that once it starts to run, it’s efficiency is pretty good.
It has a good reputation among the clients, that are very happy with the purchase because it
has a good performance for small and medium-sized homes. They say you can run 3 things at
the same time. The only complaint is the slow way to bring hot water, but once it starts to
bring hot water it will never stop.
Takagi T-Kjr2-In-Ng Indoor Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
- It is one of the best gas tankless water heaters, perfect for small and medium-sized households.
- It is so pretty affordable which means that if you don’t have a really big budget you can have this.
- It works better in warm climates for running three pipes at the same time.
- For cold climates, it works better to run two things at the same time, for smaller homes.
- Although it has a good price, it will last very long because it is high quality.
- This is not very common among other affordable options.
- Is will be performing for years without an issue.
- You can have access to a digital remote, which is purchased apart.
- This will make the product more user-friendly, and also allow for precise temperature control.
- It will work better on low-flow showerheads because if you don’t you will not be able to run
more than two things at once.
Among the reviews, we can note that the users are very happy with the purchase. They say
that is easy to install, but you will have to hire a technician because if you don’t, the warranty
will not cover any issue with the heater. It filled the expectations, which not all of the
tankless water heaters.
Stiebel Eltron Tempra 15 Plus Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Quiet is a good feature of this heater because not all of the tankless water heaters are quiet
when operating. Not noisy at all, so you won’t even notice that is there.
- This is because it counts with high-grade electronic parts, reliable cover, and no mechanical switches.
- All of this is combined to have a quiet performance.
- The temperature will be really constant with this heater, which means that it doesn’t matter if the flow rate changes because of its technology of advanced flow control will not allow the
temperature to change.
- This self-modulating technology that this heater includes will maintain constant its energy
- And it will also adjust to sudden temperature changes.
- Its warranty is not as good as others.
This heater has a really good reputation among the clients because they have purchased the
product and have received the things that they expected. Most of the complaints are about the
unit being broken or didn’t work and the warranty didn’t cover that.
Rinnai RUC98iN Ultra Series Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
- The natural gas heaters have a problem with the venting.
- This tankless water heater has two venting options so you can think the one that best meets your needs.
- These two options are concentric- PVC and twin-pipe.
- It has a really high flow rate, that allows running several things at the same time in a large
- It is really efficient because it has a 0.95 energy rating, that’s not every heater has.
- It is way more expensive than other heaters, so if you want a cheap option, this might not
work for you.
- But the price is worth it.
- It is a little bulky, which means that it is not easy to handle so the installation can be a hard
process. Despite this, it occupies less space.
It has a really good reputation among the clients, despite the price has a really good
performance and everybody loves the fact that provides hot water for different things and at
the same time really good. The major problem with this product is the installation, that can be
a little difficult because it is bulky. The users are happy also with the customer service, that is
not always good in products like this one.
Rheem RTGH-95DVLN Direct Vent Tankless Water Heater
- Who provides a real high water supply which means that if you want to provide hot water for
a big house, and run different things at the same time this is the perfect heater for you.
- It will make you save money on energy bills because it has 94% energy rating.
- Sometimes there are heaters that don’t work at high elevations, but this will work at elevations as high as 9,800 feet.
- So if you live on a mountain, this is perfect for you.
- It would also work in temperatures as low as -30°F.
- The user can control the temperature with the remote control. It is very easy to control.
- You can find it in both propane and natural gas, so you can choose the kind of fuel you want
- It has a very high price, which not everybody can pay.
There are two main problems with the product: One is the customer service is not as good as
expected and it can be confused with a commercial grade heater. Overall, most of the users
are very happy with the product because it works great and it also needs a really good
product. The price worth it.
Eccotemp FVI-12 Liquid Propane High Capacity Tankless Water Heater
- It is very small and lightweight, which means that if you don’t count with a lot of storage
space this is perfect for you.
- Although it is small, it has a maximum flow rate of 3.4 GPM that means that you can run a
shower and a low rated faucet at the same time.
- It will make you save money on energy bills because its energy efficiency is really great,
taking 110W while running.
- Unlike others tankless water heaters, it is really easy to install and operate.
- The only complaint is that it cannot be installed inside.
- Despite this, if you have a salary or a front porch you can install it there.
There is a really big problem with a customer service, that is not as good as expected.
Sometimes the unit didn’t work or with the time it got damaged or simply stopped working.
Despite this, it has a really great performance that has worked for many people.
Atmor AT-D18TP-AZ Instant Tankless Water Heater
- Affordable is a good quality of this product.
- That doesn’t mean that is a bad product, instead of it has a lot of features that only have the most high-quality heaters.
- It has a water sensor that’s wheel turn on when you are demanding hot water, and it will store
it for future usage. When you turn off the tap, the sensor will turn off.
- This will reduce the energy bills.
- It is very user-friendly and also safe.
- You don’t have to worry about your kids touching it because it is really easy to operate and it doesn’t represent any danger.
- It will also remain dry and safe because its internal components are IPS4 certified.
- It has a 7-year warranty.
- It won’t work in large households.
Some users have reported that the heater is not enough. But most of the users are happy with it.
Dyna-Glo Ir30Pmdg-1 Ventless Propane Wall Heater
- If you want specifically a heater that doesn’t bring a metallic taste to your water, this is the
best option for you.
- There are some haters that you metals like copper that gives the water a metallic taste which is not really good, and this heater do not do that.
- Another good fact about is that it doesn’t really need maintenance, because of its infrared
heating that avoids the water from entering in contact with the quartz element.
- It prevents calcium and limescale build ups.
- For some users, the unit stopped working after a time of usage.
For the majority of users, the unit works very great and they are very happy with it.
- Storage space: Most of the tankless water heaters don’t occupy a lot of storage space,
so it is really convenient if you live in a small home and need a hot water supply.
- It can also hang on the wall, providing more usable space on the ground.
- Hot water forever: The storage tanks are imitated by the size of the tank which is not as good as tankless water heaters that don’t need a tank to provide water.
- Some of them can be a little slower but once they start to provide hot water, they won’t stop.
- Long life expectancy: The last very long, which means that you will be investing
some money but this is well worth it.
- Also, most of the models have replaceable parts.
- Energy-efficient: Most of the time just water heaters have 94% of efficiency, which means that the energy bills are going to decrease.
- And also the water will be really warm and ready to be used.
- Installation costs: You will have to save some money in order to buy your heater and also to install it.
- They also required venting on gas lines as a part of the process of installation. But in the end, you will be saving more money in the long-term.
- Limited output: This means that if you want to provide hot water two different things in a large household, you will need more than one heater.
- Or you will also have to buy one with a high GPM, that are more expensive.
Tankless Water Heaters consumer Reports
Tankless water heaters require an initial investment, but with the time you will recover the money
because your energy bills will be dramatically reduced. The users report that they are very efficient
and also very compact. The thing about tankless water heaters is that they are very efficient and they will make you save energy. This is good for the planet and also for saving money. It is also great because provides instant hot water, but you will have to know what is the best water heater for you. It will depend on the place you live, the climate, and the size of your home. Some users don’t research a lot about it,
and they are disappointed. So it is important that you know what you want and so what to expect
from the different models of tankless water heaters. Some of them are cheaper, and others are more expensive. Some of them don’t need maintenance, while orders need it. Some of them will provide instant hot water and some of them will be a little late but they will provide as much water as you want. Some of them allow the user to run two things or more at the same time, but others just can run one thing at a time. Some of them are influenced by the climate, and some others won’t. It is important to know what type of tankless water heater you are going to buy: Electric or natural gas or propane. Each one has different specifications because they are different.