The best space heaters aren’t easy to find. Everyone has different needs, and so there are a lot of different types of space heaters that sometimes we don’t know which one is best for us. That’s why is important to know every type of heater and to expect from them.
- 1 Types of Space Heaters
- 2 Ceramic Space Heaters
- 3 Electric Space Heaters
- 4 Propane Heaters
- 5 Oil-filled Space Heaters
- 6 Honeywell HCE200W Ceramic Heater
- 7 Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater
- 8 Honeywell 7 Fin Oil Filled Radiator Heater
- 9 DeLonghi TRD0715T Oil-Filled Radiator
- 10 DeLonghi EW7707CM Safe Oil Filled Heater
- 11 Comfort Glow GCH480 Propane Heater
- 12 Mr. Heater Blue Flame Propane Heater Indoor
- 13 Bionaire Oscillating Ceramic Heater
- 14 DeLonghi HMP1500 Mica Panel Electric Heater
- 15 Cadet Manufacturing 05534 Baseboard Electric Heater
Types of Space Heaters
There are different types of space heaters. If you are looking for the best space heater for you,
it is important to first understand the functions and features of each of these heaters. Once
you know this, you will be ready to make a choice based on other facts like your budget, the
size of the place you need to heat, etc
Ceramic Space Heaters
This type of space heaters uses a durable ceramic as a heating element, which means that will
generate heat with ceramic very well. It can be both radiant or convection heat, depending on
its design. The radiant ceramic space heater uses electricity in order to warm its ceramic plate
and then radiate it to the air. The convection ceramic space heater, otherwise, will do this but
it will also add a fan that will blow the air across the ceramic parts, which will make a
quicker process in heating the air. One benefit of this type of space heater is that it is really safe because it doesn’t get hot enough to pose a burn risk. It provides a lot of heat despite it is really small. As expected, works perfectly in smaller areas. They can also be used to reduce draughts in front of the
window. Ceramic space heaters are very affordable while they allow the users to regulate the heat with
different temperature options. Works as a supplement to the main source of heating.
Electric Space Heaters
The electric space heaters use electricity-heat a room. They use metals as heating elements.
But, why metals? They have a high resistance that allows providing the needed heat in a
room. They are very quick so you will be warm almost immediately. Its popularity is because
they are very cheap and small, so they don’t occupy a lot of storage space. The maintenance
is also very easy. They can be seen as an air conditioner but in reverse: instead of providing cold air, they
provide heat to the room where they are. They need electricity and no more to work, so if you
want to save money on costs of gas or oil, this is the perfect type of heater for you.
When talking about heaters, there is an important factor to mention: the safety. The electric
heaters don’t get as hot as other types; they will prevent fire accidents. The best models are
those ones that automatically turn off when they reach certain temperatures in order to
prevent accidents. They are also very quiet, which means that you won’t even notice they are
Propane heaters use a fuel called propane that is quite often gas but is compressed into a
liquid. The liquid version is the one that propane heaters use. They also use an igniter,
commonly quartz crystal, to generate a spark that will ignite the propane. They also use an
element, commonly porcelain, to help to distribute the fuel’s heat. It is not as safe as other types of space heaters. It has two issues: carbon monoxide hazard and sinking to the floor level and pooling there. The first one is healthy dangerous because the carbon monoxide can compete with the oxygen in the blood, this can deprive the brain and other vital parts of the body of oxygen. The second is that propane is heavier than air and if there is a leak there is the danger of the propane sinking to the floor level and pooling there. If this happens, there is a risk of fire or explosion. You have to be careful when you buy a propane heater to make sure that it is safe to use for indoors if you want to use it inside the house, workshop, etc. A remarkable benefit of this type of heaters is that they can be even cheaper than the electric heaters. It gives more heat than the other types while the warm last longer. They don’t need
to be near power outages because they don’t use electricity to work. It is also environmentally
friendly because it helps to cut the emissions into the atmosphere.
Oil-filled Space Heaters
It is a type of convection heater; in fact, it is the most energy-efficient heater. Storages
thermal oil that is heated by an electrical element that is fully submerged within it. And, when
the liquid gets warm, the surface of the appliance will get warm too. It is very versatile
because can be installed anywhere needed. It is also standalone, which means it can be
portable. It is really worth for reducing energy costs so you will be consuming less electricity and, also,
saving money. They are very effective because of its system of heating: you can turn it off
and the room will be warm for more time. They don’t burn oxygen or reduce humidity, and so they are safe and a healthy option. They also work for bigger rooms, and also are very quiet which means that you can leave it over-night without being bothered by them, you won’t even notice they are there. They have all these benefits but they are more expensive than other space heaters.
Honeywell HCE200W Ceramic Heater
This space heater is the safest space heater
- It has a modern design that will combine with different types of décor.
- Some users prefer this
model because it is more creative and versatile.
- It can be found in white or black colors.
- When it comes to heaters, the safe fact is very important.
- The best space heaters are those ones that prevent accidents, and this Honeywell will turn it off automatically if reaches certain temperatures.
- If you want to heat a small space, this is perfect for you.
- Just as other ceramic heaters, it will keep warm small spaces and can be used as a compliment to the main heat system. It also has two heat settings that allow the user to modify the temperature as desired.
- It has a warranty of 3 years, which means that you can be safe when buying this product.
- It can be a little noisy, so if you are not willing to hear anything when using a heater, this can
be a con for you.
- It has a handle that allows the user to carry it around, but some users can find it a little small
because it is difficult to carry this product with just one hand.
Some users reported that it stopped working after a few usages. The positive fact about this
product is that has a 3-year warranty. Based on the positive reviews, is a very high-quality
product that beats other heaters.
Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater
- It is the cheapest ceramic heater of all so, if you are looking to save some money while
heating your house, this is the option for you.
- It is really quick in its performance, so you will feel the heat almost immediately.
- Can be easily stored on a desk or coffee table, because it is very compact and lightweight.
- Despite it has an auto-shutoff system it does not have a tip over protection.
Most of the users have found that it has a great development that can be compared to other
space heaters that cost 4 times more than this one, which is a really good advantage. The only
thing that they have found is that in some occasions it has come with damaged parts.
Honeywell 7 Fin Oil Filled Radiator Heater
- Includes a thermostat that allows you to set the temperature you want, it also has a timer to
help the user save energy and also money.
- It is pretty safe because it protects you against rust, while is also made of high-grade solid
- It will never leak because it is very well constructed.
- You will be able to see if it is on because of its power indicator light.
- Some users have reported some problems with the development of the thermostat.
It has a 3.5 stars rate out of 5 stars. This means that is has worked for some users and for
others don’t. The users that were satisfied also purchased the product again and it worked
great. Based on the reviews, some of the problems that some of the users have reported are a
danger of using it without supervision and that it stopped working after little time.
DeLonghi TRD0715T Oil-Filled Radiator
- It creates a permanent seal because it is sealed with pure diathermic oil. This means that it
doesn’t have to be refilled again.
- You can have the control of this heater because it features a 24-hour timer with 96 settings
included. It will help you to save energy and money.
- It is very safe because it maintains its surface as cool as possible to prevent any accidents. It
has also vertical thermal tunnels that will heat a wider area.
- It has a 1-year warranty so if this product doesn’t work, you can return it with no regrets.
- Sometimes the mechanical timer can get stuck because of the usage.
- It can take a time to heat the area.
Based on the reviews, the users might have been happy with the purchase. It is quiet and very
worth it for the price. But, after a time of usage in some cases, it damaged, so some users had
to purchase another product. Another critic is that there is no way to know which is the
temperature because there is no digital display that says the actual temperature.
DeLonghi EW7707CM Safe Oil Filled Heater
This space heater is one of the most efficient.
- If you want to maintain warm a larger room, this is the perfect space heater for you. This is
because it has a 1,500-watt heat output.
- Some people want to keep warm their houses but they want a quiet heater, this is perfect
because it is silent in its operation.
- As the previous, it doesn’t need to be refilled ever, because of its permanently sealed oil
- Features a thermostat that has three heat settings so the user can customize its heating needs.
It also doesn’t need maintenance.
- It can take a while to heat the room. So, it is a little slow to heat.
Despite it is slow to heat, once it heats the room it will maintain it very well. The users have
been happy with the development of this product because it has a very good price and it
works for larger rooms, which is very good.
Comfort Glow GCH480 Propane Heater
- It features four rolling casters that allow the user to move this heater from one way to other
depending on its needs very easily.
- These casters can be blocked for a safety use. Another
element of safety is its protective front grill.
- It has a three-plague heating system to adjust its output in order to obtain the desired
temperature. Perfect to use in the garage.
- It is not designed to use in living areas.
- It cannot be shipped to all of the states of the USA.
A 4.5 out of 5 stars’ rate can tell us that is a good space heater. It will provide the needed heat
in a garage. Most of the users were happy with the purchase, they say is really easy to use and
to transport. Some others have reported damaged with the thermocouple and the pilot light.
Mr. Heater Blue Flame Propane Heater Indoor
- Some propane heaters can be dangerous to use indoors. This is very versatile because it can
be used in both indoors and outdoors.
- It is really safe because of its automatic low-oxygen
shut-off system, really important for indoors.
- It works for larger areas up to 750 square feet because of its capacity of 30,000 BTUs. It
works with liquid propane.
- It can be both wall mounted or standalone. It includes its legs and wall mounting hardware. It
also doesn’t need electricity which means you can save on energy costs.
- It cannot be operated at altitudes up to 4,500 feet above sea level.
- For California or Canada, it is not approved.
They users have rated this product very well; it has worked for a lot of users. It has worked
all the year-long without stopped working. They recommend reading all the requirements to
buy this product before purchasing.
Bionaire Oscillating Ceramic Heater
- It has a compact design, which means that if you want to save some storage space this is a
really good option for you.
- It is affordable and reliable.
- It is very fast and does a really great job because of its oscillating system that will heat small-
sized or medium-sized rooms.
- It is environmentally friendly because it features an Eco-Smart tool that makes it consume
electricity at a very low level.
- It is lightweight, so it can be knocked over accidentally, which means that is preferable to
place it against a wall.
- Despite its sides maintain cool during the usage, the front part will be hot so you can burn if
you touch it.
This heater makes its job very easily, the users are happy with how fast can get a room warm
and toasty. The only complaint is that it cannot be used without supervision if the customer
has pets or kids.
DeLonghi HMP1500 Mica Panel Electric Heater
- It takes way less storage space than other space heaters, which is really good if you are
strapped for space.
- This panel produces 1,500 watts of heat which is very suitable for medium-sized and big-
- It operates silently which is an amazing feature.
- Also very safe with thermal cut-off, power indicator light, and tip-over protection.
- It can be both wall-mounted and also standalone.
- Most of the users find it very useful despite some of them receive the package with missing
It has a 3.9 out of 5 stars’ which means that a majority of the users find this heater very useful
to heat the space in a safe way without taking a lot of space to it, but some of them receive it
with missing pieces. Some others find a weird odor and return it immediately.
Cadet Manufacturing 05534 Baseboard Electric Heater
- It is very durable because it is made of steel.
- It provides a seamless connection because it has to be hardwired into the house.
- It doesn’t occupy a lot of space in the house because of its compact design.
- It will also combine with different types of décor because of its modern design.
- The heater must be kept 12 inches away from any furniture in order to prevent any damage or
- It has to be installed by an electrician, so you will have to invest a little more money in it.
Although it works very great and it helped the users to save a little space, they have reported
that it is not as strong as desired in very low temperatures, they had to use other tools to heat
even more the room.