An electric heater is a device that converts electric energy into heat. Electric heaters are very affordable and have numerous advantages. These devices are likely to help you beat the next winter in style. Electric heaters have a control unit to protect against overheating. In this review, we are going to discuss some of the best electric heaters for house, large rooms, for garage and electric heating for basement.
Best Electric Heaters For House
- 1 Honeywell HCE200W Uberheat Space heater
- 2 Flame Effects Dura Flame Electric Fireplace
- 3 Duraflame DFI-5010-01 Infrared Quart
- 4 Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
- 5 Mr Heater MH18B Portable Heater
- 6 Sengoku Cv-2230 Keroheat Convection Portable Heater
- 7 Fahrenheat FUH54 240-volt, 2500-5000watt Electric Fan-forced Garage Heater
- 8 Cadet Rcp402S 20 Amp ‘’The Hot One’’ Electronic Space Heater
- 9 King KBP2406 Electric Garage Heater
- 10 VonHaus 4 Element Portable Infrared Fan Heater
- 11 Dr. Heater Hardwired Commercial Heater
Honeywell HCE200W Uberheat Space heater
If you are working on a budget, then Honeywell HCE200W Uberheat heater is the most efficient space heater for you. It is round shaped and has angled legs which gives it a modern Herman Miller vibe. Another thing, don’t let its small size fool you. It is small in size but it is one of the best for heating your living room. It doesn’t take a lot of time to warm up your room. The other thing is that it features two heat settings, an overheating protection, and an adjustable thermostat.
- This device has a 3 years warranty.
- It also comes in two colors, black and white to blend into your interior décor easily.
- It is also a cheap alternative.
- It runs on a 1500Watts system to provide fast and even heat form your space.
- Apart from heating the house, it can as well be used in the office, and other rooms.
- It is lightweight, which means easy to carry from one place to the other.
- It makes a lot of noise when at work.
- It doesn’t have a remote functionality.
Based on the user reviews and comments on Amazon, this device has no thermostat and hence it can either be on or off. However, other buyers had some issues with the device. Some of them stated that they had to return the device and get another one or a refund.
Flame Effects Dura Flame Electric Fireplace
This device offers a patent pending 3 dimensions flame effects. It offers a very realistic flame effect with a burning log, embedded and flames. The other good thing is that you can adjust the brightness of the flame effects with five different settings. If you are into flame effects, you can turn them on without having to turn the heater on as well and hence you can use them all year along. The logs are extremely realistic looking. Combined with the realistic flame effects, they offer a warm cozy atmosphere.
- It has realistic flame effects that offer a cozy atmosphere.
- The other good thing is that this device is affordable and extremely powerful.
- It features a safe casing and hence it is safe for families with children and pets.
- This device doesn’t have a remote control functionality.
- It also produces some noise that can be annoying sometimes.
Some users complain that the device arrived broken and it didn’t work even for a single day. Others said that the device broke up after few months of use. However, I’m convinced to think that these problems are associated with the way you handle the machine. Place it away from disturbances and it will never break down.
Duraflame DFI-5010-01 Infrared Quart
If you are one of the people out there who want a robust little fireplace heater, then you must love Duraflame DFI-5010-01 Infrared Quart. This device is roughly 23.5 by 13 inch. The other thing that you should note is that this device is convenient for rooms up to 1,000 square feet. It also looks like a traditional metal stove. It also has a 3D flame effect tech which offers a layered flame effect. It is also easy to maintain natural air humidity due to the adjustable heating process.
- This house heater stays cool to the touch no matter how long it has been working.
- The device also has five brightness settings.
- The fact is that this device stays cool to the touch makes it a perfect fit for families with pets and small children.
- The unit comes with a remote control.
- This device produces a lot of heat and hence you have to maintain a distance.
- The other problem is that it consumes a lot of electricity to remain fully functional.
Some of the users complain that this device is not convenient for a 1,000 square feet room as the description say. Some of them say that its heating capabilities are diminishing as the room gets bigger.
Best Electric Heaters For Large Rooms
Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
I believe you can never go wrong with this heater. One thing that I found very well is its heating capability. It can heat up a large room with the Auto Energy saving mode. It has a high and low heating capability mode that gives you an exclusive opportunity of choosing your customized preferences. Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater also has a tip-over protection and also overheat protection. If you want to keep your hands warm while you are doing your chores and at the same time keep the family warm in the living room, then this device is for you.
- Its outer casing, top, bottom and sideways is cool regardless of the heat.
- It also has an IR remote control and a setting for adjusting the blower. You can either set it at Low Noise Blower with Noise Level 39 dB super quiet. This will never interfere with your sleep time.
- It consumes a lot of electric energy to facilitate the heating process.
- It also cannot produce sufficient heat energy for a very large room such as a convection room or a dorm.
- The device is also very expensive. As a matter of fact, you can buy two or more small space heaters at the same price.
With more than 3475 reviews on Amazon, this device has 4.3 out of 5 reviews. Out of all, the majority of those customers who complained about it said that the plug and the cord get hotter after a long period of use. Some others complain that it doesn’t function for a longer time. If I quote one of the customer reviews, ‘’ It worked great for the first 2 weeks but later the whole thing became fishy. And then it stopped working. I called the customer care number on the device but didn’t get full service. The staff who answered the phone diagnosed the problem as the front circuit board. She said she’d mail a new circuit board to me with instructions. Her readiness to send a circuit board and instructions worried me; this is probably not an uncommon problem. The circuit board arrived with no instructions. I called again and she emailed me the instructions. The instructions were not very helpful, but I figured it out and did the replacement. The heater comes on now, but that’s all the functionality it has. I can’t set the thermostat. So, it runs and runs and runs until we turn it off. You can get heaters with that functionality for a lot less money — and without having to take it completely apart to replace a circuit board. ‘’
Many other people who complain but the majority of them have personal problems with the device.
Mr Heater MH18B Portable Heater
Many people refer to this heater as ‘’Big Buddy’’. It will help you solve a lot of problems including gas costs and so on. It has a low, medium and high control knob. What this means is that it is very easy to get constant heat. The other thing is that most people love using this machine indoors because of the low oxygen shut off system. It also has key shaped rear mounting holes which makes it easy to mount on the wall.
The other thing is that the blower fan runs on battery or A/C current. One reason why opt for this device is just to supplement their furnace.
- There are three temperature controls. You can adjust from low, medium and high heat requirements. I usually get it high when am getting into the house and go down as time pass. What this means is that whatever the atmosphere, you can usually keep the house warm.
- It is also easy to mount. You can as well choose to power the machine on battery or A/C current.
- The last thing that we found useful is the low Oxygen shut-off. The heater is likely to shut itself off if the room has no enough ventilation before any harm is done.
- The floor is likely to get hot when using this device.
- That is why it has come with key mounting holes to make the work easier for you.
- The other thing is that it doesn’t have any thermometer and hence you have no means of detecting temperature rise.
Based on the reviews and the customer comments on Amazon, this device is highly rated due to its convenience and effectiveness. The majority of users complain about the heat it emits. The case can get hotter sometimes which can lead to accidents with children and pets. It also heats the floor if placed on it.
Sengoku Cv-2230 Keroheat Convection Portable Heater
If you live in a very remote area where electricity cannot be reliable, I have got you a solution. Apart from getting heavy duvets for your nights during the winter, you can get this device for emergencies. It works perfectly nice to keep the kitchen and the living room warmer. This device uses kerosene and hence it has a 1.9 gallon tank. It also has an automatic push button ignition which makes it easy to start. Its base is also stable and hence it is a good companion when you have pets moving around. The other thing is the automatic safety shut off which makes it perfect for using at home.
- It serves as a better alternative when you have no current at your home.
- It also produces lots of heat enough to keep your kitchen and the living room hot.
- It also has a stable base for stability in case you have pets moving around.
- The other thing is the automatic shut-off feature.
- It has a built-in handle for easy movement but it looks sturdy.
- It also produces a foul odor which can make your nights uncomfortable.
The first thing that people complained about is the smell. This device produces a lot of noticeable odor which can make the stay uncomfortable. This machine is also good for the price but some people think that it needs some tweaking. Others believe that Sengoku CV-2230 KeroHeat Convection Portable Heater is not the best but it gets the work done.
Best Electric Heaters for Garage
Fahrenheat FUH54 240-volt, 2500-5000watt Electric Fan-forced Garage Heater
This device is perfect if you have a large garage. Large Garages can sometimes feel chilly in spring and like igloo in winter. The good thing with this device is that it can generate an incredible amount of heat. The other thing to note is that this Device was made for industrial heating and hence it can be ideal for heating large spaces. It is portable and also has an adjustable leg on the bottom of the unit.
- With this device, there’s very good value for money.
- It is also durable and compact.
- The other thing is that it is a highly powerful device that can heat a larger room.
- It has a carrying handle and can as well be easily moved from one place to the other.
- It is noisy
- It also needs to hold the ignition down for longer than 30 seconds.
It has over 500 reviews on Amazon and over 97 percent of the reviews are positive. The few people who have something to complain about said that the device only produces warm air and not hot air. It is also very tall and it is expensive
Cadet Rcp402S 20 Amp ‘’The Hot One’’ Electronic Space Heater
This machine features out a very powerful aluminum heating element. It also has a fan with 4000-watts capacity. What this means is that it can be used all year along to either heat or cool the space. It also has a 20-gaauige steel construction and a baked on powder-coat paint finish.
- It has a very quality construction.
- It is also very ideal for a small garage heating.
- It is also quiet and has automatic temperature control and thermostat.
- It is compact and features two heat settings.
- It is not ideal for heating big garages.
- It is also very expensive and has no handle.
The only thing that people have to complain about is the price. It also cannot heat a larger garage as most people would wish.
King KBP2406 Electric Garage Heater
It has up to 13,000 BTU heat output. It is also perfectly for heating a medium sized garage. The other good thing is that you can choose from 950 to 5700 watts to ensure that it is safer to operate with in your garage. It also has a multiple heat settings and a 270CFM blower. These two will make you enjoy all the benefits of purchasing such a machine.
- It has a thermal cut off for security
- The machine will require little to no maintenance.
- It is also pocket friendly
- Not ideal for heating a large garage.
- It also produces noise that can be annoying sometimes.
Most users complain about the sound. With over 500 reviews on Amazon, most of the users are comfortable with its functionality.
Best Electric Heaters for Basement
VonHaus 4 Element Portable Infrared Fan Heater
This heater has a 1500 w heat setting which is combined with a digital thermostat. It also has a washable air filter and also comes with a standard remote control. It can easily heat up a basement of up to 400sq. ft in under an hour.
- It has a tip over cut-off safety switch
- Digital thermostat
- It also has a quiet scroll fan
- It has a portable machine that can be plugged in.
- One drawback with this machine is that it has no low or eco setting
- The changing settings also produce loud beep sounds.
Based on user comments and reviews on Amazon, this device works perfectly. However, there are some of the people who don’t like the loud beeps the changing settings make.
Dr. Heater Hardwired Commercial Heater
This is a heavy duty machine that can heat a large cold basement within minutes. It can be used in an outdoor shop or a garage. It is heated by spiral steel metal sheath electric elements which provide uniform heat. It also has an adjustable thermostat which can either be set to high and low heating capability.
- It has a stamped front cover
- It can as well be mounted on a wall or a ceiling.
- Five-way adjustable louvers for maximum airflow.
- It consumes a lot of electricity
Several people have to complain about the functionality. Majority of them complain that it cannot heat a large space as the description says. It can as well break down within a short period of time according to some people.