It can be stressing to put up with the cold of the coming winter. Sometimes you have to wear heavy clothes and sleep under heavy duvets to keep yourself warm and avoid the health complications associated. The good thing is that you can use ceramic heaters to keep yourself warm during the winter. Ceramic heaters can keep you warm without dramatically increasing your energy bills. They are also affordable and energy efficient. In this article, I am going to review some of the best ceramic heaters in terms of efficiency, cost, and functionality.
- 1 Lasko 758000 Cyclonic Digital Ceramic Heater
- 2 Lasko 5521 Ceramic Tower Heater
- 3 Honeywell HCE323V Digital Ceramic Heater
- 4 De’Longhi TCH7090ERD Tower Heater
- 5 Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater With Adjustable Thermostat
- 6 Vornado Srth Small Room Tower Heater
- 7 Holmes Quartz Tower Heater
- 8 Optimus H-1322 Portable 2-Speed Fan Heater With Thermostat
- 9 Prowarm Fan Forced Ceramic Portable Electric Heater With Adjustable Thermostat
- 10 Pelonis Nt20-12D Ceramic Safety Furnace-1500 Watts
Lasko 758000 Cyclonic Digital Ceramic Heater
In our list today, I have to praise this ceramic heater because I found it to be the best in the market. It has all the features that every customer would like on the heater and it also comes at a fair cost. It is designed and finished in modern and sophisticated black which makes it beautiful. It has a plastic and a metal casing to improve the quality and also avoid accidents. The plastic and metal casing ensures that it is cool to the touch. You can set the thermostat at any temperatures. You can set it from high to low temperatures. It also has a control panel at the front to help you control the machine.
- Remote control functionality.
- Air ionizer feature to ensure that you have fresh air when the heater is in use.
- A timer-It has a turn-off timer and hence you can leave it working for as long as you like.
- Directional Control-what this means is that you can direct the airflow coming out of this heater where it is really needed.
- Size-It is tall and hence the floor will always be colder as the warm air rises.
- It also has a thin power cord.
Based on the reviews, there are fewer people who have complained about this device. Those complaining have problems with the settings which is just a customization problem and it can be solved easily.
Lasko 5521 Ceramic Tower Heater
This is one of the best heaters out there to make a lasting statement in any room. It has a unique and a modern look which makes it the best companion even in the living room. It has a space saving design. What this means is that you don’t have to worry about finding a spot to place it in the room. It can be conveniently placed in any room without blocking the way or obstructing any other device in the house. It has a tall design that outputs plenty of heat efficiently. You can be sure that the heat will be spread well around the room because it has an oscillation feature.
- It also has a non-slip base for stability.
- It has been designed to perform best on small and medium sized rooms.
- The machine has a 1500watt output which gives you plenty of heating on that cold night.
- It is also durable and long lasting.
- It is lightweight and hence easy to take from one place to another.
- Consumes a lot of energy.
- It also has a lot of customizing buttons which can sometimes be confusing.
- It is also big and makes some noise when operational.
Based on the reviews on Amazon, there are several people who complain about the functionality of the Lasko 5521 Ceramic Tower Heater. Some of them say that the automatic heating system is biased. Once you set it at 70, it may one day shut at 66 and another at 60. Another person worried about the heating system complaining that he has to hit the on and off button every time they want to operate it. This is especially useful when you are using the heater in the bedroom to ensure that the machine doesn’t cook you when asleep.
Honeywell HCE323V Digital Ceramic Heater
If you want to be in full control of your ceramic heater, then choose Honeywell HCE323V Digital Ceramic Heater. It has modern digitalized features. What this means is that you have full control of the device and have the ability to customize the heater. It also has two constant heat setting and hence you have the ability to choose from an effective high heat mode or even energy-saving low heat mode.
- The device has an integrated dust filter which allows you to keep the maintenance of the heater at per.
- Has a permanent filter and hence you don’t need to replace the machine out of dust.
- It also features a tip-over switch and an overheat protection.
- Has space saving design
- Tall and cumbersome to move from one room to the other.
- No remote control and hence you have to operate it from the panel.
- Inaccurate Thermostat. Most of the people argue that the thermostat is inaccurate.
Most of them complain that at low settings, it can consume up to 900W. Some other complain that they are dealing with a malfunctioning thermostat that doesn’t work well. The other problem that people usually complains about is that the room cools down immediately the machine is off.
De’Longhi TCH7090ERD Tower Heater
This device has a 1500 watts of power. What this means is that it is perfect for heating a small room or just for adding personal zoned heating whenever you need. This will help you save money on your heating bill. It also has an LCD display to help you see what temperatures the unit is running at. The other good thing about this heater is a 24-hour timer which gives you the flexibility to program this device.
- • One good thing is that you can choose from minimal, boost and eco heat modes when you are choosing the program for this heater.
- It also helps you save up to 40 percent in energy.
- It also has an oscillating mode.
- It has a size of up to 24’’ inches and hence it is big in size and cumbersome to deal with.
- Designed to heat a small to medium sized room.
- Not good for bathroom-This machine shouldn’t be used in humid environments. The manufacturer has stated this in the manual.
This device has a 4 out of 5 star review and the majority of customers agree that it works. However, some of them complain that it can only throw a good heat in a small room.
Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater With Adjustable Thermostat
This device weighs only 5 pounds and measures only 9 inches. Despite the small size, this device is surprisingly powerful and it can heat up a medium sized room perfectly. It can heat a space of up to 150 square feet in a matter of minutes. It has three different settings. One of them is a fan that makes the machine perfect for those people who wants to use it throughout the year.
- This device is small in size and hence doesn’t consume a lot of energy.
- It is also very lightweight and easy to move from one place to the other.
- It is highly fictional and powerful
- The other thing is that it can be used any time of the year.
- It can be used during the winter and during the summer.
- It is very affordable.
- It only costs $29.99
- It comes with two temperature settings
- It makes a lot of noise when working.
- Has a red light that turns on whenever you plug it on an outlet and stays on for the entire time.
One thing that the majority of users don’t like is the noise it makes when at work. It can sometimes be uncomfortable especially when heating the bedroom. The device also doesn’t offer fresh air. There are some people who complain about the smell of the heater.
Vornado Srth Small Room Tower Heater
This device is the perfect option for those seeking to heat small rooms. It is small in size but highly functional. It doesn’t pack a lot of power but the power it packs uses it perfectly. It has a V-Flow technology for this purpose. This technology circulates air through the entire room in a matter of minutes. The other good thing is that this heater is safe to use in the bathroom. It has a water resistant top case which makes it perfect for heating the bathroom.
- It is affordable
- It is very effective for heating small spaces at home
- It is lightweight and small for portability.
- It also spreads heat over the entire room.
- It has a timer for convenient heating.
- Makes a lot of noise
- Thin Power cord (the cord can get hot when the machine has remained functional for a long time.)
- Easy to knock over.
Based on the user reviews on Amazon, everybody has a good time dealing with this heater. However, there are a few of the users who have complained about one thing or the other. One of the critics here is that the device can start acting fishy within a short period of time. Some of them also don’t like the smell. Majority of them complain that it smells like burning dust.
Holmes Quartz Tower Heater
This is another small but extremely powerful device. It works using a mixture of ceramic and quartz. What this means is that Holmes Quartz Tower Heater is heavier than similarly sized heaters. It works by radiating the heat. This means that it takes a lot of time to spread the heat all around the room. However, once the room is heated, it doesn’t get cold fast. One thing that almost every user like is that this heater is quiet. This is simply because it doesn’t have a fan for blowing air.
Holmes Quartz Tower Heater is the best choice for people who have breathing problems. It also features a list of safety features such as tip-over shut off, auto-safety shut off and overheating shut. It only has two settings which can be disappointing.
- It is efficient
- Heats a room evenly
- Relatively quiet
- It also comes with a variety of safety features.
- The device is also affordable and easy to use.
- It can be risky to leave it in the house at night because it gets quite hot sometimes.
- Takes a while to heat the room
- Risky especially when you are sleeping
The machine can work perfectly for some times then stops to work perfectly. This is one problem that majority of people who didn’t like it had to complain about. Some other say that the temperature control features is annoying sometimes.
Optimus H-1322 Portable 2-Speed Fan Heater With Thermostat
This heater is a very affordable space heater costing only $24.99. This device can heat a medium sized room and perfectly spread heat all over the room. It has 2 heat settings for 750 watts and 1500 watts. It also has an automatic thermostat control. It is user friendly and hence easy to navigate the settings. The other thing is that it has a four position function switch with off, fan, lo and li, fan only settings. The other wonderful setting is the internal heat limiting thermostat. It is also safer to use this device. It has a thermal cut-off safety device and power indicator light.
- Safety cut-off feature-One thing that you will notice is that it has a cut-off safety feature to ensure that the heater doesn’t overheat.
- The casing is cooler and hence you don’t have to worry about accidents with children and pets.
- It is affordable
- No remote control functionality. Majority of people would wish to have a machine that can be operated remotely.
- It also consumes a lot of energy to produce the much-needed heat
- Is loud when operational.
- The cord is thin and hence can get hot time to time
Based on the customer reviews on Amazon, there are fewer things that people have complained about. However, most of them complain that the device makes a lot of noise which can be uncomfortable when heating the bedroom. It also smells like burning metal.
Prowarm Fan Forced Ceramic Portable Electric Heater With Adjustable Thermostat
This is another ceramic heater that you should consider. As the name suggests, it has an adjustable thermostat. The first thing to note is that it has a stainless-steel body with an adjustable base. This is especially for people who want to adjust the direction of the heat. It also comes with three heat settings which includes fan only, low, and high heat.
This device also has an adjustable heating angles and a very durable construction. One thing that am especially sure you will love is the convenience of the portability.
- You can be able to adjust the direction of the heat.
- It is durable and can last longer.
- You have the capability of using the fan only setting on your warmer nights.
- The first drawback is the price.
- It is small and not reliable especially when you want to heat a large room
- It makes a lot of noise when at work
As I have already stated, based on the reviews and user comments, most of the users complain about the price. Others complain about the smell and the sound it emits.
Pelonis Nt20-12D Ceramic Safety Furnace-1500 Watts
This device is another great option. One good thing is that it features dual wattage selection and an adjustable thermostat. It is also safer to work with this machine because it has an overheating protection and a cooler case. It can as well be used as a fan with the use of fan only settings. It is lightweight and the cord is longer for compatibility. You can set this heater in any spot in the room, thanks to the longer cord. The other thing is that you can adjust the heat according to your preferences.
- This device is relatively cheaper.
Fan only feature (it means that you can use it during the cold and warmer nights year along).
- It is relatively heavier and hence can be cumbersome to move from one place to the other.
- It also produces noise and vibration which can be annoying.
Based on the customer reviews and comments, one thing that the majority of them don’t like is the noise and the vibration. However, the compact design is enough to overdo the loud fan.